FUE hair transplant better than FUT,It was thought that our scalp hair grew as individual strands, but it has been discovered now that they actually grow in a group of 1 to 4 hairs each. These groups are known as “follicular units”. Surgeons use these follicular units for hair restoration now.Modern hair transplantation with the concept of follicular units was presented by Dr. Orentreich in the 1950s.
FUE and FUT Transplantation:
Follicles are usually relocated by these two techniques:
- FUT Transplantation (Follicular Unit Transplantation): Surgeons cut a donor strip containing follicular units from the donor area.
- FUE Method (Follicular Unit Extraction): Follicular units are removed individually and directly in this technique with the help of micro-punch and transplanted to bald areas.
In FUE transplant, doctors pull out individual follicular units from the scalp directly and one at a time and in FUT, surgeons take a narrow piece of scalp containing hair from the back of the head and then cut up into many small single follicular units and which is much painful and time consuming than FUE method.
The major difference between the FUE and FUT transplantation is in the way of extracting follicular units and it differentiates between these two surgeries.
FUT transplantation uses the most modern techniques and technology to give natural looking results.
Follicular Unit Extraction is a fresher hair transplant method in which the punch needle plays the major important role. Choosing the right and small size of the punch needle is necessary, the finer the punch needle, the lesser the damage.
Comparing the both surgeries:
Doctors recommend and people prefer FUE transplant over FUT because of several reasons.
1. According to a research, 5-10% people across the world, going through strip transplantation may meet the problems like Foreign body reaction, Hematoma, Tightness of the scalp, stitch infection, painful scar etc due to stitches. FUE avoids all these harms because it does not have stitches.
2. Strip surgery gives pain and irritation in the donor area for some days, the wound heals in 2 to 3 weeks and until then you are not allowed to go to gym, workout, swimming, sex and yoga. On the other hand, FUE gives you pain free recovery and not only this, the healing takes about 4 to 6 days usually and you are allowed to resume your activates after that.
3. Surgeons use staples and stitches in FUT surgery which is really painful. Staples and non absorbable stitches need removal after 15 days, this adds to a person’s expenses and pain, too.
4. You might face problems in closing or healing the wound after strip removal. The scar could become wider.
5. The blood loss is less in FUE method than Strip technique.
6. The Strip procedure leaves a clear linear mark and forbids short hairstyle. On the other hand, FUE the marks left after FUE transplantation are so small and often almost undetectable.
Why we prefer FUE:
1. Follicular unit extraction gives you a fast recovery.
2. FUE is a less painful method.
3. Follicular Unit Extraction does not create visible linear scar.
4. FUE is very efficient in growing selected follicles with higher number of hairs. FUE transplantation also makes it possible to select follicle for a person’s temple point and eyebrows etc.
5. The FUE method does not increase the balding area.
6. The Follicular Unit Extraction gives everlasting and natural-looking result.
So it has been proved now that FUE except for its higher cost is the best and superior method as compared to FUT transplantation. Common Searches :- FUT Versus FUE Difference between Fue and FUT hair transplant